Pages

February 14, 2012

Will you be my valentine?

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
       I don't want to sound too sappy but what a cute holiday for everyone who is in love and wants to show the world their love. I'm still not sure why there's a holiday for it (because LOVE should be celebrated everyday) but for baker's like me, this is the perfect time to bake red velvet cupcakes and garnish them with lots of little heart sprinkles. 
       I am a hopeless romantic, and each year, I make a batch of Blake's favorite cupcakes (chocolate fudge) and decorated them with love. This valentine's day, I took advantage of using fondant for all the love little pieces that I added for decoration. In previous years, I worked more with melted chocolate or sprinkles to create hearts etc. But since I have become more used to kneading, shaping, and creating objects with fondant, there was no question that I wouldn't use fondant on these.
      I went a little crazy and made fondant hearts, kissy lips, love letters, X's & O's, mini valentine's and sprinkled conversation hearts around the plate. Blake loved them! And I was very proud of myself, check them out below and let me know what you think!
Happy Valentine's Day!




      You know that saying, {A way to a man's heart, is through his stomach.} It's true. Trust me, bake up some cupcakes and surprise your sweetie, and he'll be in love forever.

Irresistibly yours, 
Venithda

No comments:

Post a Comment