Pages

November 24, 2011

Day of Thanks

      Well it's my favorite holiday of the year (aside from my birthday)... thanksgiving!! I can't tell you how much food I ate today from juicy turkey to all the trimmings; stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn everything you can think of. And to top it off, cheesecake and pumpkin pie with lots and lots of whipped cream for dessert. I guess you can say that I will be on an extreme diet after today.
     Oh! And how could I almost forget to mention that I made cupcakes, of course! Gooey confetti cupcakes with creamy vanilla and chocolate frosting. Last year, I decorated my thanksgiving day cupcakes like a typical 'turkey dinner'. There was turkey, mashed potatoes, pie, and even carrots and corn -- all made from candies and frosting.
     But this year I took a different approach in decorating them. I focused more on 'giving thanks' than anything. So I dressed my cupcakes in little Native American headbands with feathers, pilgrim hats, and even a little roasted turkey. Everyone in my family loved them and I even got my little cousins to help me decorate some, they came up with a cornucopia filled with vegetables, and I must say I think the baking gene runs in the family!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Give Thanks.
My cousins, Nulin & Serina, making their version of a cornucopia!

The finished product.
     So I hope everyone out there reading this had a fantastic thanksgiving filled with lots of food and love, and I hope you were as fortunate as I was to spend it with friends and family.

{Give thanks, love life & be merry}
                                                                 
Irresistibly Yours,
Venithda                             

No comments:

Post a Comment