Pages

October 30, 2011

Baking for Breasts

      Hey everyone! So I really have to admit, I've been slacking on the posts. I mean I say I'm going to post something and think about what I'm going to post, but never get around to doing it, so as of today, I will be dedicating my time and promise to you readers that I will post at least once a week from here on out!
      Anyway, it was quite busy this month for the bakery! While the weather becomes cooler and the leaves change color, the smells of pumpkin spice and cinnamon fill the air. Aside from December, October is one of my favorite months of the year because of the beautiful fall weather and of course, Halloween.
      I love decorating cupcakes with ghouly ghosts and plump pumpkins, but this month I set aside the usual orange frosting for something a little different. After hearing about one of my childhood friend's mother being diagnosed with breast cancer, I decided to 'think pink' and bake for a cause. 
      October is national Breast Cancer Awareness month and what better way to honor close friends and families who have fought this battle with pretty pink cupcakes! I made yummy melt-in-your-mouth chocolate cupcakes, following Hershey's "perfectly chocolate" chocolate cake recipe online. I think they came out fabulous, try it out for yourself, here's the link to the recipe, enjoy!
Here's what I made:

Hope. Fight. Cure.
Breast Cancer Ribbon

{Go and get your cupcake on}

Irresistible yours,
Venithda

No comments:

Post a Comment