Pages

December 18, 2011

Getting in the Holiday Spirit

Hello Everybody!
       It's been quite the busy month with Christmas right around the corner. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is busy buying and wrapping presents and with a huge family, there are lots of different items I still need to find for their gifts. But aside form all the business I still managed to find some time to bake, of course! But still couldn't decide what flavor of cupcake to make. So I rummaged through the house thinking I could gather up some inspiration, and nothing.
       It wasn't until I walked passed my Christmas tree, that was decorate with silver and red ornament balls and candy canes, when I realized that I had to bake up some peppermint flavored cupcakes! As soon as the idea hit me I immediately went to my go to recipe book created by Martha Stewart for the recipe. Buy It Here!
       As it was baking the sweet aroma of mint filled the air and my whole family gathered around the kitchen with their mouths watering! After they were done, I took them out of the oven to cool and whipped up a peppermint cream cheese frosting to swirl on top and topped them off with crushed peppermints. Everyone from my father to my younger brothers helped frost and sprinkle the cupcakes, it was a great time to bond. Who knew baking cupcakes would bring my family closer together for another holiday season!

chocolate peppermint cupcakes...

swirled peppermint cream cheese frosting...

& topped with candy cane bits!


{It's beginning to look a lot like MINT-mas!}

Irresistibly yours,
Venithda

No comments:

Post a Comment